At St Joseph's we provide several early intervention programs that aim to accelerate learning. Ongoing assessments, and thorough analysis of academic data, allows critical early identification of students who require additional support through the following programs:
- Reading Recovery - providing further support to develop effective reading and writing skills for those students in Grade 1.
- ERIK - Enhanced Reading Intervention Knowledge
- PERI - Phonological Early Reading Intervention
- Leveled Literacy Intervention System (LLI), a small-group, supplementary intervention program designed for children who require additional support with reading
- Tournament of Minds program, which runs in Term 2 and 3, for those students in Grade 5 and 6 who wish to develop diverse and critical thinking skills, with the opportunity to work collaboratively within a competitive environment.
- The Maths Olympiad Program, an extension Mathematics program for Year 5 and 6 students; runs in Term 2 and 3 each year.