APPLICATIONS FOR PREP 2020 ARE NOW CLOSED.
Enrolment Of Students At St Joseph’s School
Following are the criteria for enrolment at St Joseph’s Primary School. It outlines who is eligible to apply for a place at the school, and describes the processes that apply to those seeking enrolment.
Order Of Acceptance
- Parents and students wishing to enrol will be interviewed by the Principal.
- The additional needs of students shall be taken into account on an individual basis.
- By law, children must turn five by the 30th of April of their first year of school.
- Students who meet the enrolment criteria and have turned five by the 30th of April of their first year of school will not be excluded from enrolment.
- Students of other Faiths will be considered for enrolment provided it does not result in the exclusion of Catholic students. The parents of these students will be required to give an understanding that they will respect the life, nature and identity of the school. Once enrolled, these students will have the right to complete their Primary education at the school.
- Students of other Faiths will be expected to participate fully in all aspects of the school life.
- All prospective students will be required to demonstrate that they have received required immunisation, or have necessary documentation stating why they have not participated in the program.
- All information gathered during the enrolment process will be maintained according to the Privacy Act 2000.
First preference is to be given to children of Catholic parents who are parishioners of St Joseph’s Parish. If numbers permit, we would then be able to enrol, in order of priority, the following:
Procedures For Prep Enrolment
- Children with brothers and sisters already enrolled
- Children of parishioners who live within the parish boundary (Elsternwick and South Caulfield)
- Children of “parishioners” who live outside the parish boundary
- Children of Catholic parents resident outside the parish boundaries
- Children of Christian families living within the parish boundary
- Children of Christian families living outside the parish boundary
- Children of non-Christian families living within the parish boundary
- Children of non-Christian families living outside the parish boundary
- Parents wishing to enrol their child at St Joseph’s should complete an Application Form. An appointment will be made for an interview with the Principal and Deputy Principal.
- On receipt of an “Offer of Enrolment”, a non-refundable $400 is payable. Of this amount, $300 will be credited to your first term fees and the $100 balance being an administration fee.
- However, should you cancel your enrolment after a place has been accepeted and your deposit paid, thge full $400 is non-refundable.
- After enrolment is confirmed, parents of students will be invited to an Information Evening at which all relevant details will be imparted.
- In addition to the Information Evening, it is usual practice for newly enrolled students to attend Orientation sessions.
Enrolment At All Other Levels
- Enrolements close the end of March and interviews will be subject to the number of applications received.
Parents wishing to enrol their child at St Joseph’s should complete an Application Form
. The enrolment is to be confirmed after the form has been returned to the school office and after an interview has been arranged with the Principal.