The spiritual, moral, social, emotional and intellectual development of our students is paramount to a sound education. At St. Joseph’s, we seek to provide an environment where students feel welcome, known and safe. We aim to develop students who feel accepted and have an appreciation of the world. In partnership with their parents, we guide them to become inner directed people who make appropriate choices that are based on the gospel values of honesty, forgiveness, justice, compassion and equality.
We regularly celebrate together at Mass and in school based liturgies. We embrace the opportunities to gather together with the Parish community. These opportunities for worship build a strong sense of connectedness between school and the wider Parish.
We utilise the new Horizon's of Hope Religious Education Curriculum Framework and other programs and materials to support our teaching. Contemporary approaches to learning and teaching is incorporated within this sphere.
We encourage our students to become aware of the needs of those less fortunate than themselves both in the local area and in the world. With Jesus Christ as their model, we encourage our students to take action to support a variety of worthy causes.
All baptised Catholic students receive the sacraments in the following order:
- Reconciliation – Year 3
- First Eucharist – Year 4
- Confirmation – Year 6
Preparation for the sacraments is school based and takes the form of Religious Education classes, Commitment Masses, Family Faith Nights and retreat days. Catholic students who attend government or private schools in the local area are welcomed into the program.
Sacrament of Reconciliation 2018
- Tuesday June 12th: Family Faith Night 6.30pm at St Joseph's School
- Tuesday June 19th: Celebration of the Sacrament of Reconciliation 6.30pm at St Joseph's Church
Sacrament of First Eucharist 2018
- Saturday September 15th: 4O Eucharist Commitment Mass 6.30pm at St Joseph's Church
- Sunday September 16th: 4D Eucharist Commitment Mass 10.30am at St Joseph's Church
- Tuesday October 16th: Family Faith Night 6.30pm at St Joseph's School
- Friday October 19th: Retreat Day (children allowed to wear casual clothes)
- Sunday October 21st: 4O Celebration of the Sacrament of Eucharist 10.30am at St Joseph's Church
- Sunday October 28th: 4D Celebration of the Sacrament of Eucharist 10.30am at St Joseph's Church
Sacrament of Confirmation 2018
- Sunday March 4th: Confirmation Commitment Mass 10.30am at St Joseph's Church
- Tuesday April 17th: Family Faith Night 6pm at St Joseph's School
- Friday April 20th: Retreat Day (children allowed to wear casual clothes)
- Tuesday May 1st: Celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation with Bishop Elliott 7pm at St Joseph's Church
If your child does not attend St Joseph's Primary and you would like them to participate in our Sacramental program, please contact our Religious Education Sacramental Leader, Elly Dillon at email@example.com